Instructions for Presenters & Session Chairs
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PRESENTERS
1. Bring your PowerPoint presentations to your session on a USB flash drive or a CD for loading onto the conference laptop located in your session room. Plugging in your own computer will NOT be permitted under any circumstance.
2. Come to your session 15 minutes prior to the session start to load your presentation. Conference staff will be in the room to assist you with this.
3. Presentations are 20 minutes per paper, including time for short questions.
4. Wireless will NOT be available in the presentation rooms and so presentations that depend on connecting to the internet are not permitted.
5. If you have any non-standard requirements for your presentation (i.e., anything beyond a PowerPoint presentation), please contact me asap.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SESSION CHAIRS
1. Be at your session 15 minutes prior to its start to help coordinate preparation for the session.
2. Conference staff will be in the room to assist with loading presentations on the laptop and to assist you with any other issues that may arise.
3. Presentations are 20 minutes in length, including immediate questions. Please rigorously enforce time limits to ensure that all speakers receive equal treatment and that the session runs on schedule. Please provide 5-minute and 1-minute warnings to each speaker.
4. Start your session on time so as that the full time allotted for the session can be productively used for presentations and discussion.
5. All sessions are 90 minutes in length. Most sessions have 4 papers, so at 20 minutes per paper, this should leave 10 minutes for extra questions, etc.
6. Some sessions have 3 papers. In this case, please stick to the 20 minutes per presentation, but you can allow more time for questions.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at any time.
Eric J. Miller, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Civil Engineering
Director, Cities Centre
University of Toronto
455 Spadina Avenue, Suite 400
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 2G8
Chair, IATBR 2012 Conference Organizing Committee